Saturday 10 January 2009

Baby steps



A Young me in Dover! not the most flattering photo...







Okaaay... so here I am...attempting to write my first blog post I guess I should begin with an Introduction of myself.


My name is Sarah House. I originally wanted a blog url with 'HouseOfSarah' included since people have been cracking that joke since birth, thankfully it was already taken, as in hindsight it did sound quite naff. I always said from a young age I can't wait to get married so I can change my last name and then the teasing would stop


'SarahsCasa' sounds less cheesey and is appropriate. Here you will see what goes on in the mind of Sarah. Whenever she feels the need to jot something down of importance. Ok third person referrals are now over.

This blogspot is going to contain my views on the news of the world that affects me personally, some of my Journalism master's work and anything else I want to include.


This blog will perhaps include entertainment, reflective, self expressive and theraputic posts. I've always thought it would be pretty cool to have a record of thoughts throughout different time periods to look back on how I was feeling at the time.

It would also be nice to write little articles and actually have people relate to them, so I know I'm not the only one of my kind out there. And I guess I am a victim of the 'me me me', starved-for-attention-adult-baby-sydrome-people out there who love to talk about themselves. Come on let's face it, we all are. Otherwise facebook wouldn't be so popular.


Where was I? Oh yes, back to me :D I do digress quite a lot...but I guess that's because I'm a woman, it's expected of me...look at this I'm doing it again. Let's call it nervous babbling...since this is my first blog...
About me - I'm of mixed heritage, my mother is from Kenya and my father is from Wales. Although he always tells me not to call him Welsh (sorry to any Welsh people reading this). He asserts that he is not ashamed of being Welsh and the reason behind this is that he left Wales when he was very young and never returned, and has since lived in several different countries. He worked for the UN and as a result my childhood was filled with beautiful experiences of different cultures and different types of people, as well as constant packing and being torn away from best friends, whichever way you decide to look at it. The former triumphs over the latter. I have no regrets, even though of course I had no choice in the matter.

I've written quite enough for a first post. I still can't work out the html for neat paragraphs but hopefully I'll figure that out soon. I think I'll leave it for now. Hope you enjoyed learning about me!

(Oh yeah I wrote this a while ago, but when I just corrected the spelling mistake it's saying I posted it on today's date. I'll just have to ensure to check everything several times before posting in the future....)

No comments: